Search This Blog

Saturday 19 February 2011

The First Post

Welcome to my blog about the wonderful world of books.

I will be posting here reviews and comment with a focus on fiction. This will cover a wide range of books from all over the world as I'm quite varied in my reading habits. The classics, contemporary literary fiction, fantasy, ancient epics, children's stories, realism, post-modernism, drama, poetry, short stories, novels... I don't believe in genre stereotyping.

My comment pieces will cover subjects linked to books that I have recently reviewed and issues of particular relevance to the present moment. When writing my reviews I will try to be honest and insightful. I'll be using a marks-out-of-ten scoring system, with only a very special group of books getting the top score. As part of trying to be honest in my reviews I will rate books not on their reputation or influence, but on what they mean to me.

Importantly I will endeavour to keep my reviews spoiler-free and at the top of each comment piece will warn readers of any books that are spoiled by the words that follow.

I hope that you will find these posts useful and enjoyable. Read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment